Ramblings of teh Ammer

A 19-year-old newlywed college student who works in the wonderful world of daycare rambles about things important to her that may or may not interest you.

Friday, September 24, 2004

Here we go

Well, I suppose we should start off with the customary introductory post.

I'm Amber. I'm 19 years old. I'm originally from the South (and yes, I capitalize it just like every good Southerner does), but am currently living in the Midwest. Why would one leave the beautiful weather and natural beauty of the South? Why, for love. My husband Bryan and I were married February 28, 2004. We're only 7 months into this thing. If no one has ever warned you engaged or 2 weeks married people, the first year sucks. Yes, it absolutely blows. Once you accept this, the easier it will become to just let things roll.

Another interesting tidbit about my life thus far: My husband is 11 years older than me, and we met on the internet. Not on one of those dating service sites, but the ever wonderful nickelcreek.info. I was 17 when I met him. Naturally, my parents flipped out when they found out about him on the night of my high school graduation. Always a great thing to spice up a day that should be one of the best and most memerable of you life by telling your parents about the 29 year old you're in love with that you've never met. Anyway, since I don't really want to rehash all the details right this second, I defied my parents until they gave in after I turned 18, met my husband face to face in August 2003 (and I'm very lucky he wasn't a weirdo), ran off with him for a month up here, got engaged at the end of August, and spent time traveling back and forth until we were married in February and I moved up here for good.

So, let's see. This journal picks up at a point in my life where I'm really not sure what I'm doing. I was fired from my job as a nanny on Tuesday, as I wasn't a good enough housekeeper for them (everyone feel free to explain that one to me), so I'm kind of at a crossroads as far as what to do until I get my degree and can get on with being an underappreciated, underpaid member of the teaching community already. Of course, that will not be until 2014 or some other far off year because I'm only a part time student.

I'm also trying to deal with the roughness of the first year of marriage and the longing I already have to start a family. Obviously, my husband feels differently on that, but I'm sure I'll get into that in another post.

Well, this is how it begins.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home